I have an amazing opportunity in my financial advisory role to make a difference to people’s lives by helping them to achieve what’s important to them. It’s rewarding to see clients living the life they want now and giving them the peace of mind of knowing they’re also on track to the future they aspire to as well.
In my role as a financial adviser, I develop and implement wealth management strategies as part of an overall plan to achieving clients’ goals, helping them stay on the path and review/adapt the plan as life changes, always starting with a budget.
I firmly believe that creating wealth is not a factor of what you earn – it’s your ability to save that counts. And not just saving for the sake of having more money, investments etc – instead using those savings effectively to be able to afford the lifestyle and/or priorities that clients are seeking now and in the future.
I personally practice what I preach – I think it’s important that I can speak from first hand experience when discussing wealth management and investment strategies with clients. I’ve always been mindful of my spending and sticking to a budget, and running various businesses and dealing with cash flow fluctuations has taught me to watch the expenses and save for a rainy day. I don’t believe in getting rich quick, instead, I stick to proven long term investment strategies such as shares, property and super, minimising bad debt and using good debt where appropriate.
Also I believe that being wealthy just for the sake of it doesn’t lead to a fulfilled life – however creating wealth gives us the choices to have the important things in life, in my case this is shared experiences with my family and being able to give back.
Family is really important to me. I appreciate that my role allows me to enjoy time with my Evalesco family, my own husband and two boys, and also be a part of my clients’ families. I grew up in the seaside town of Wollongong, and now live with my husband Luke and our two sons in the beautiful Sutherland Shire.
I’ve always been a fairly active person and even on holidays you’re more likely to find me looking for adventure than laying by the pool. I enjoy participating in martial arts, paddle boarding on the Port Hacking river, walking and bike riding in the National Park and around my local area with family and friends.
In a busy world it’s easy to get caught up and have trouble switching off – getting the balance right is what helps me feel happy. Being a working mum it’s really important that I make a conscious effort to make time for the important stuff. I also feel happy when I am helping others and enjoy being involved in charity events e.g. Hands Across the Water Social Venture Program and child sponsorship program, Cancer Council’s Relay for Life, Vinnies CEO Sleepout.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Economics)
- Master of Management
- Diploma of Financial Services (Financial Planning)
- Cert IV in Financial Services (Finance/Mortgage Broking)
- Cert IV in Property Services (Real Estate)
- Certificate of Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Certificate of Margin Lending
- Certificate of ASX Securities
- Currently studying – Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning
Memberships, accreditations and associations
- Association of Financial Advisers (AFA)
- Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA)
- Tax Practitioners Board (TPB), Tax (Financial) Adviser Registration No 2480452
- Sub-Authorised Representative No 409506 of Evalesco Financial Services Pty Ltd, Corporate Authorised Representative No 325313 ABN 23 962 645 633 of Australian Advice Network AFS Licence 472901 ABN 13 602 917 297
- Credit Representative No 409676 of Evalesco Financial Services Pty Ltd, Corporate Credit Representative No 465092 of Centrepoint Alliance Lending Pty Ltd, Australian Credit Licence 377711 ABN 40 100 947 804