At Evalesco we recognise that your privacy is important. Our purpose for collecting personal information is to facilitate providing accurate and appropriate financial advice and services. We will take reasonable steps to inform you why we are collecting any information and who else we would like to disclose this information to in order to assist in your service. We can also outline any possible consequences if you do not provide complete personal information.
Use and Disclosure
We are subject to legislative and regulatory requirements that necessitate us obtaining and holding detailed information relating to you. Our ability to provide you with a comprehensive service is dependent upon us obtaining certain personal information about you:
- Employment details and employment history;
- Details of your financial needs and objectives;
- Details of your investment preferences and aversion or tolerance to risk;
- Details of your current financial circumstances, including your assets, liabilities, income and expenditure;
- Any other relevant information such as medical history and/or reports required for the purposes of risk insurance.
- Evalesco may use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing such as articles that may be of interest to you. You may, contact us and request not to receive such information.
Pursuant to the Corporations Act, Life Insurance Code of Practice and Rules of Professional Conduct of the Financial Planning Association of Australia, we are required to collect sufficient information to ensure appropriate advice can be given in respect of recommendations made to our clients. If you elect not to provide us with the personal information you may be exposed to higher risks in respect of the recommendations made to you and this may affect the adequacy or appropriateness of advice given to you.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information we retain from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. We will not retain any of your information for any longer than it is required, except to satisfy legal requirements. We will destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer required.
Your financial journey needs to be coordinated with others on your team of professional advisers to ensure we are all working in unity to achieve the outcomes important to you. We work with your existing accountants or solicitors and also have our own trusted professional networks to draw on the knowledge of others as required for your situation. To achieve this purpose we may use or disclose your personal information to expected and reasonable third parties.
Access and Correction
You may access the personal information we hold at any time and we will endeavour to ensure that at all times the personal information about you that we hold is up to date and accurate. The accuracy of the personal information is dependent to a large degree on the information you provide and you should advice us if you identify any errors.
In most cases access to the information will be included in your ongoing service however we reserve the right, when necessary, to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your personal information.
In some circumstances we are required to collect government identifiers, for example, your Tax File Number. We will not use or disclose this information other than when required to do so by law or, when consented to by you.
Evalesco Financial Services Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative (Number 325313) of Australian Advice Network Pty Ltd ABN 13 602 917 297 AFS Licence No. 472901. The information on this website is provided as general and factual information and should not be regarded as personal advice. To provide personal advice we need to take into consideration your own personal financial position and goals and provide appropriate advice accordingly. If you would like specific personal advice for your circumstances, please contact us on 02 9232 6800.
Australian Advice Network are committed to customer focused, effective and efficient complaint handling, so should you have a complaint about us we need to hear from you.
If you have a complaint about any financial service provided to you by your adviser, you should take the following steps:
1. Contact the Australian Advice Network Claims team to discuss your complaint.
Phone: 07 5551 0855
Mail: Claims Manager, Australian Advice Network Pty Ltd, PO Box 5318 ROBINA TC, QLD, 4230
2. We will acknowledge receipt of a complaint immediately, however, where this is not possible, acknowledgement will be made as soon as practicable.
3. We will then investigate the complaint and respond to you within 45 days. Some complex matters may require an extension to thoroughly investigate the complaint and bring it to resolution.
4. If you are not fully satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Credit and Investment Ombudsman Service (CIO), an External Disputes Resolution Scheme, of which Australian Advice Network is a member. Contact details for CIO are:
Phone: 1800 138 422 (free of charge)
Fax: 02 9273 8440
Mail: PO Box A252 SOUTH SYDNEY NSW 1235
Furthermore, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has a free of charge information line on 1300 300 630, which you may use to obtain information about your rights and to make a complaint.